Need to ship your pet to Colombia? Let our Latin America pet transport team, provide door-to-door pet shipping and air travel services for your pet. Our professional team of experts will ensure your pet arrives safely.
Our Colombia Pet transport service includes:
- Assistance with health certificates, import permits, and all travel documents and consular legalization (when needed)
- Transport to the airport and assistance until check-in if the pet is traveling as excess baggage with owner
- IATA approved travel crates and guidance on the size of crate to use for each pet
- Management of the process to export pets as cargo
Broker services are needed in Latin American countries to export pets.
- For exports – home pick up and tender to the airline
- For imports – customs clearance and delivery to client’s residence
- Travel consultation and flight reservations
- Boarding services
Health paperwork required for the import of dogs and cats into Colombia
Rabies Vaccine Certificate
Date of rabies vaccination must be at least 30 and 360 days at most before date of departure. This requisite is only required for any cat/dog over 3 months of age.
Must be dated not before than 5 days prior to departure date and must be issued by the official authority of the country of origin (Example: USDA in the United States). This certificate must be written in or translated into Spanish and must contain:
- Owner’s name and address
- Animal’s data: breed, sex, birth date, size, color and particular signs.
- Country of origin and transit points, if applicable.
- Statement: “the animal has been examined within 5 days before departure date, not showing any clinical signs of diseases.
Important Note: Cats are not allowed into Colombia if origin is a country with presence of BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy), known as “mad cow” disease.
All animals that comply with the above requisites will not be put into quarantine.
Currently, it is not required to put a Consulate stamp in the certificate.